Atypical air conditioning system, often referred to as a “split-system air conditioning”, normally includes the following:
- a thermostat that controls the operation of the system
- an outdoor external unit that houses a fan, condenser coil and compressor
- an indoor unit (typically either a furnace or fan coil) that houses the evaporator coil and fan to circulate the cooled or heated air
- copper tubing connecting the indoor and outdoor units that allows refrigerant to flow between
- an expansion valve to regulate the amount of refrigerant going into the evaporator coil
Everyone wants to know they’re living in a house that’s safe and healthy. One way to keep your home’s air healthy is by installing an air conditioner. There are many health benefits to air conditioning that you may not know about.
1. Reduce High Humidity
The most important health benefit of air conditioning is reducing your home’s humidity. Living in a house that prevents high humidity creates a less damp home, as well as keeping you healthy. The Algarve is noted for high humidity levels particularly during the winter which is linked to dust mites, mould, heatstroke and dehydration.
2. Reduce Asthma Attacks
For those suffering from asthma, you want your home to be a safe haven. One of the health benefits of air conditioning is it reduces the chances of asthma attacks.
This is done by filtering dirty air that may contain dust mites, pollutants or allergens, as well as eliminating any dampness that can lead to mould. These are all symptoms of increasing asthma attacks.
Don’t neglect to change your air filters. By keeping the same air filter, you’re cycling dirt through your air conditioner back into your home. On average, you should be changing your air filters from 30 to 60 days.
3. Better Air Quality
Your air conditioner is the Brita filter for your house by improving ventilation and controlling the temperature of your home. There are many other ways to improve your air quality but air conditioning is the best option.
4. Stop Insects & Parasites
People are looking for any method, tool or spell to put a stop to mosquito bites, ant invasions and house flies.
Not many know this, but your air conditioning reduces the number of insects and parasites. These pesky critters aren’t only annoying to deal with but also can transmit diseases.
A few ways air conditioners stop insects and parasites are by:
- Cooling your house to create a cool atmosphere for insects, who desire a warm climate
- Cooling your body temperature to make you less desirable for mosquitos, who enjoy warm body temperatures
- Creating a dry atmosphere for insects, who desire damp atmospheres
5. Mould Growth
Without air conditioning, your room can become damp and wet. Which, allows your room to be susceptible to mould. The health benefit of air conditioning is preserving a dry atmosphere and thwarting any trace of mould.